It's Happy Hour for your Puppy!
|Current Puppy Social Times:|
|Thursdays||12:30pm to 1:20pm *starting Dec 2|
|Fridays||6:30pm to 7:20pm||7:30pm to 8:20pm|
|Saturdays||12:30pm to 1:20pm||1:30pm to 2:20pm *starting Nov 27|
IMPORTANT!!!! If you cancel your puppy social registration with less than 48 hours notice you will not be reimbursed for it and/or you will lose one free of your free ones. This does not apply if you can supply a vet or doctor's note for canine or human illness.
Who is it for:
- Puppies must be CURRENT Red Barn Puppy Foundation students to register for Puppy Social, having attended at least one class but not yet graduated.
- Puppy Foundation class comes with 3 FREE Puppy Socials included.
What it is all about:
- There will be supervised and structured play time for the puppies, where your puppy will learn to behave appropriately with other dogs and people
- Your puppy will begin to learn to pay attention to you when necessary despite the distracting environment
- Puppy appropriate equipment will be set up for your use and you will be taught how to use it for further enrichment, training and fun for your puppy
- You will learn what socialization is and how to ensure it is a positive process for your puppy
- Puppy Social will now also be a part of our Puppy Foundations Program working your homework skills in a more exciting environment and every week we will have a definite curriculum
Why are we offering this:
- The critical stage of puppy development is between 3 - 12 weeks of age. From 12 - 16 weeks your puppy is still in an important stage where learning new things and meeting new dogs and people of all kinds in a positive way will have the most impact in the shortest amount of time. We take advantage of this time.
Where does this take place:
- In the fully enclosed rubber ring at Red Barn Event Centre where we have access to fun puppy equipment, or in our fully fenced outdoor grass ring.
Puppy Social will be supervised by Karen McNichol or Mindy Wiltshire-Gibson.
- During play, the instructor will be the only one in the play area with puppies and the only one interacting with them.
- During the exercises, activities will be spread out to maintain social distancing.